About Blu

My photo
STL, MO, United States
X Blu Rayne is an author, poet, spoken word artist,graphic designer,host writer and motivational speaker. A reflection of God's light and His movement on the face of the storms of life. She is poetry personified....

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

You choose...pt.2


I was sitting here thinking about all the times I smiled…like really smiled. Not a smile forced based on a circumstance like getting a gift, but a smile just because I am on this planet. The times I have smiled is when I have done for myself. Now don’t get me wrong, I love gifts, thoughts, kind gestures, and love…..all if that brings a smile to my face. But if those things are not happening I should still be smiling right?
So why do we place so much emphasis and responsibility on someone else for our own happiness. If around us are being mean, disrespectful, wilding out, or just being down on themselves, we let that make our day. Even when someone we love dies, we still have a choice on how we remember them. We can either allow grief to cripple us or celebrate the life and time we had with them. The choice is always and has been and forever will be yours.
Do you understand how much power that gives you? Yes you. Ah, but I get it…on the flip side of that power comes responsibility and accountability. Let’s face it, we are so much better at blaming others for our inability to progress, but that does nothing to make us better. So we stay in a cycle of continual disappointments and failures cause we have yet to understand that when it comes to our lives, we think ourselves into situations. 
…..cont

Copyright © 2011 X Blu Rayne All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. We are sooooooooooo responsible for our own hapiness. Is the glass half full or empty, its all in how we choose like you say to see a thing. Congrads on your first BTR show tonight

    ReplyDelete