About Blu

My photo
STL, MO, United States
X Blu Rayne is an author, poet, spoken word artist,graphic designer,host writer and motivational speaker. A reflection of God's light and His movement on the face of the storms of life. She is poetry personified....

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

You Choose...pt. 1


So recently I made a decision. I will not tell what it was except to say there is a missing marker in my life. We have cliches to justify what we do in order to minimize our acceptance and responsibility in matters, but I appreciate the strength to say.”I did it.”
There are very few events that occur in your life that someone else made you do. Whether you have a job you hate or in a relationship that is going no were, you are there in that place and in the moment because you choose to be. You complain, cry, kick, and scream, but faithfully go back to that which hurts you to your very soul. You interact with people who drain you, befriend men that will use you, and give all of you away then get mad when you have no return…..choices.
We have to stop blaming people for what we do. I am a single mother. No one made me have my children, I chose to. If it were up to the fathers, they would not be here….I made that decision. I did it. I am responsible for where I am in my life. I will not discount that things have happened to me out of my control, but I am an active contributor in my own present as well as my future.
That is the good part. The realization that I have influence over what I do even in situations that are not in my control. I control what I do, think, and feel in response to what the situation is. The situation does not control more. I also can control the people who come into my life and effect me. I can make moves and control what the universe brings into my life. See the pattern here…it all starts with you. What is it that you have done that you want to do again and better. You can have what you want out of life just make the decision to have it. Make a decision. Make a choice. You choose….

Copyright © 2011 X Blu Rayne All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment