About Blu

My photo
STL, MO, United States
X Blu Rayne is an author, poet, spoken word artist,graphic designer,host writer and motivational speaker. A reflection of God's light and His movement on the face of the storms of life. She is poetry personified....

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Family friends....

No family like friends and often no friends in the family.....

I think it is a beautiful thing when members of the same family have a geuine love and respect for each other. It adds to the holiday seasons, birthdays, and family reunions. I, like a lot of you, have family memerbs that never check on me and I have grown accustom to where I am actually surprised when I hear from them. It's no anger or discord, that I am aware of, it's just that neither of us see a value in the blood we share to share our lives with each other. Some people see that wrong, but these might be some of the same people that allow the known molester in the family around the children...my point is "family" is a relative term....

I value the friends I have Mirror Sista my mother, Jessica Christy my sister, Kristal Coleman my sister, Prayze Pretty Pea my sister, Hezzie Kendrick III my brother, and James Robinson my brother....these are more than relatives...these are my friends. If I ever need advice I call one of them. Then I have an extended group of friends that act as family to me...

I have this saying that friends will support you and family will abort you.....I say that because your family can hurt you worse because you expect them to love you best. The reality is that we are all people and in one way or another, all family. If mom can't respect your wife, she shouldn't be at your home until she does...if you have a brother that has molested his own child, he should never be around yours alone, if you have a sister who is a prostitute, she don't need to be staying with you, and if you have a cousin that steals from you...keep them from your ish!!!!!

Find the friend value in your family...those that you can trust and love and genuinely they love you. Hopefully, you'll have more friends in your blood line than you thought....people that care about you and are really there for you...people who want to know you and got your back no matter what....hmmmmmmmm......
maybe we should require that people qualify as friends before they rock the family clause....

cont..

Peace & Love 

~X Blu Rayne


Copyright © 2011 X Blu Rayne All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment