About Blu

My photo
STL, MO, United States
X Blu Rayne is an author, poet, spoken word artist,graphic designer,host writer and motivational speaker. A reflection of God's light and His movement on the face of the storms of life. She is poetry personified....

Saturday, October 22, 2011

4 days left

I have been very busy these last few days. Did a slam, started a new book made so many calls to the US about future shows, sold CDs, and been writing so real thoughts and feelings. Oh yeah...a lot of pictures too. I said I needed to get away for awhile, and I am glad I did. I have learned so much here. On the other side of the world you are defined by where you come from first. There are Caucasians that consider themselves African because they come from Africa. Nationality is really key here in how you are seen and judged. I will say that there is silent prejudice that isn't as blatant as in the US as well as the views of women being the underclass, but the biggest factor is where you are from. So I am defined as American...not black first, but American...then African American...not black.

I will say this, the few Africa men I have talked to have some thoughts about us unifying races that is still very Martin Luther King. Malcolm's ideals are viewed as dangerous and destructive, and yet they had no idea what melanin was, they think they have to protect themselves front the sun, and that white people are superior and better. Most of the brothers date and have  children with Caucasians of prefer them for similar reasons as one gets in the states...except it is more about status than anything. America is considered the most evil nation on this planet and Obama has been paralleled to Hitler in wanting to destroy his own people.

This trip has been an eye opener and mind expanding for me. I have had time and quiet to really think about the things I have been doing in my life and  the things and people who don't need to be apart of it. I have made some selfish decisions and some out of a concern which came back in the end to benefit me. I have formed unhealthy relationships and have connections with people who are poisonous to my progression. I have to get me together...I have some serious grind work to do within my own soul....

I am not expecting it to all change immediately, but I am immediately moving myself to change. In 4 days I will be back on US soil....working harder and more effectively... resurrecting dreams and ideas that I had let fall because I was fearful of going at it alone...it's time to upgrade on my grind, upgrade in my find.....it's time

No comments:

Post a Comment