About Blu

My photo
STL, MO, United States
X Blu Rayne is an author, poet, spoken word artist,graphic designer,host writer and motivational speaker. A reflection of God's light and His movement on the face of the storms of life. She is poetry personified....

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

National Poetry Awards 2nd year....


I had an opportunity to live a dream that birthed other dreams within my soul. I was honored to be allowed to co-host the National Poetry Awards with Michael Guinn (Dallas, TX). Troy Poet Lewis is the visionary behind the NPAs and has given all poet, authors, spoken word artist, and slammers a place to be recognized for all their hard work that they do throughout the year.

For me, there were personal victories, encounters with some amazing people, and an "awakening" within my own spirit...in the next coming weeks I will speak in more detail as to why this weekend was so profound and the continual effects it has on me. The one thing I will say is that I celebrate during a time I would have otherwise cried....August 22 is the anniversary of my grandmother's passing....This year marked the second year she has been gone....I know that she was in great spirits watching me do what it is I am suppose to do. Be poetry. I am so grateful to everyone who made my weekend a celebration rather than a memorial service...

Me and my grandmother both thank you

Peace & Love
~Blu

Copyright © 2011 X Blu Rayne All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment